Earlier this month I attended a calligraphy workshop in Madison, Wisconsin at Revel. The wonderful Mint + Lovely coordinated the workshop to feature Saffron Avenue. I bought tickets to this event for a couple of reasons:
- It's been 3 months since I've seen Haley and Emilee (too long).
- I've admired Angela (the genius behind Saffron Avenue) for so long and wanted to meet her in-person.
- Learning calligraphy was my New Year's resolution, and I always need more practice.
- It's been 8 months since moving away from Madison, and I miss this city (especially the capitol on a Saturday morning).
- It's my brother's 29th birthday, so I needed to buy him lunch.
- Shopping . . . no explanation required.
The workshop was everything I imagined and more! The venue was immaculate — full of white and gold, totally my style. The gathering table was designed so beautifully and a swag bag was waiting for me! My favorite was the dark chocolate from Wm. Chocolate. Revel added the perfect touch by crafting a blackberry champagne cocktail with a 'Flourish' stir-stick.
Angela was such a fun, knowledgeable teacher and her honesty about calligraphy was refreshing. Important take-aways were: posture, angle of the arm, and practice!
Round of applause for Mint + Lovely!
P.S. - I can't wait to share my shopping finds with you in a future blog post!